MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 41.11 points or 1.57% lower to 2582.1, taking the year-to-date performance to -10.43%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 1.08%, DBS, which declined 1.62%, Global Logistic, which declined 2.98%, CapitaLand, which declined 3.01% and JMH USD, with a 0.60% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.29%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 1.16%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which declined 0.53%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 0.60% higher and 1.47% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 2.62%. Raffles Medical Group shares declined 2.40%and Biosensors International Group declined 1.89%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+2.70%), STI ETF (-1.52%), DBXT MSCI Korea ETF 10 (-1.82%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (-0.96%), Ascendas REIT (-2.51%), Capitacom Trust (-0.74%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : STI 2650MBePW160429 (+7.50%), HSI17600MBePW160330 (+18.28%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (+32.77%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : NKY 16000MBeCW160311 (unchanged), NKY 18000MBeCW160610 (-34.15%), NKY 17500MBeCW160311 (-59.26%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GMG GLOBAL ABOVE 0.390 TARGET 0.420 0.450 SL 0.350