MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 64.72 points or 2.53% higher to 2623.21, taking the year-to-date performance to -9.00%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 6.32%, DBS, which gained 1.72%, Global Logistic, which gained 3.07%, CapitaLand, which gained 1.36% and OCBC Bank, with a 1.85% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.64%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 1.10%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 6.08%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 6.32% higher and 2.28% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 1.46%. Keppel Infrastructure Trust shares declined 2.17%and SIIC Environment Holdings declined 1.56%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+0.83%), STI ETF (+2.73%), IS MSCI India 100 (+1.28%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (+3.47%), Ascendas REIT (+2.14%), Mapletree Gcc Tr (+0.59%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI19800MBeCW160330 (+3.60%), HSI20000MBeCW160226 (+9.09%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (-13.14%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW161004 (+7.14%), UOB MB eCW160705 (+17.57%), KepCorp MBeCW161101 (+4.23%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SMRT ABOVE 1.590 TARGET 1.630 1.660 SL 1.550