MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 7.75 points or 0.3% higher to 2558.49, taking the year-to-date performance to -11.25%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 0.75%, SingTel, which declined 0.86%, Global Logistic, which gained 0.62%, Keppel Corp, which gained 0.83% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.80% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.93%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.03%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 3.04%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 4.43% higher and 3.57% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 1.24%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares declined 1.32%and Jardine Strategic Holdings remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : SPDR Gold Shares (+1.70%), STI ETF (-0.39%), IS MSCI India 100 (+0.64%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.43%), Capitamall Trust (+1.00%), Capitacom Trust (+0.38%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20000MBeCW160226 (+14.58%), HSI19800MBeCW160330 (+6.11%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (-11.61%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW161101 (unchanged), DBS MB eCW161004 (+3.70%), UOB MB eCW160705 (-2.63%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY MAPLETREE COM TR ABOVE 1.350 TARGET 1.380 1.420 SL 1.315