MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 22.7 points or 0.87% lower to 2579.71, taking the year-to-date performance to -10.51%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 1.96%, Global Logistic, which gained 2.46%, ST Engineering, which declined3.55%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.29% and SingTel, with a 0.29% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.39%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.75%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which rose 1.52%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Raffles Medical Group and Biosensors International Group- ended 1.21% higher and 1.92% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 2.02%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 1.79% and CSE Global declined 4.55%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : STI ETF (-0.76%), SPDR Gold Shares (+0.34%), DBXT MSCI Thailand TRN ETF 10 (-1.12%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (+0.44%), Capitamall Trust (+1.00%), Capitacom Trust (-0.38%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20000MBeCW160226 (-3.57%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (+0.76%), HSI19600MBePW160226 (+0.68%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW161101 (-2.60%), DBS MB eCW161004 (unchanged), KepCorp MB eCW161205 (-0.65%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ASCENDAS-H TRUST ABOVE 0.770 TARGET 0.800 0.850 SL 0.840