MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 37.03 points or 1.43% lower to 2545.61, taking the year-to-date performance to -11.69%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 2.76%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.03%, SingTel, which declined 2.02%, Keppel Corp, which declined 2.08% and UOB, with a 2.94% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.06%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.78%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 0.01%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Infrastructure Trust and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 4.44% higher and 5.51% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 3.11%. Midas Holdings shares declined 3.92% and Geo Energy Resources declined 1.61%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Lyxor China H 10 (-3.62%), Sti Etf (-1.51%), Spdr Gold Shares (+0.90%).
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-0.45%), Capitamall Trust (+0.51%), Capitacom Trust (-2.28%).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI18400MBePW160330 (+5.14%), HSI20000MBeCW160226 (-18.39%), HSI17600MBePW160330 (+11.91%).
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160711 (-17.43%), UOB MB eCW160705 (-22.64%), KepCorp MBeCW161101 (-8.11%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GOLDEN AGRI ABOVE 0.340 TARGET 0.370 0 0.420 SL 0.305