MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 27.07 points or 1.06% lower to 2532.7, taking the year-to-date performance to – 12.14%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 2.27%, SingTel, which declined 0.88%, UOB, which gained 0.24%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.18% and CapitaLand, with a 0.67% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.07%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.90%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 2.15%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and Geo Energy Resources- ended 2.00% higher and 1.60% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 4.09%. Keppel Infrastructure Trust shares declined 2.11% and SIIC Environment Holdings declined 7.58%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (+0.33%), Sti Etf (-0.76%), Is Msci India 100 (+0.50%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Gld Us$ (+0.33%), Sti Etf (-0.76%), Is Ms India Us$ (+0.50%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI18400MBePW160330 (+16.75%), HSI20000MBeCW160226 (-12.82%), HSI20600MBeCW160330 (-3.75%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW161101 (-3.70%), DBS MB eCW160711 (-12.15%), UOB MB eCW160705 (+2.74%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CAPITAMALL ABOVE 1.960 TARGET 2.000 2.050 SL 1.900