MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 45.47 points or 1.75% higher to 2638.47, taking the year-to-date performance to – 8.5%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 1.76%, SingTel, which declined 0.85%, Keppel Corp, which gained 6.80%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.80% and UOB, with a 2.46% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.98%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 1.60%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 7.58%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 6.80% higher and 8.09% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 1.02%. SingTel shares declined 0.85% and StarHub declined 2.01%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (-0.16%), Sti Etf (+1.88%), Spdr Gold Shares (+0.10%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+4.19%), Capitacom Trust (+3.02%), Capitamall Trust (+2.08%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20000MBeCW160226 (+17.70%), CN11500MBeCW160428 (+14.10%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (-14.12%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW161101 (+25.61%), DBS MB eCW160711 (unchanged), UOB MB eCW160705 (+15.58%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CORDLIFE ABOVE 1.570 TARGET 1.600 1.640 SL 1.520