MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 37.76 points or 1.44% lower to 2593, taking the year-to-date performance to -10.05%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 2.80%, SingTel, which declined 0.84%, UOB, which declined 2.84%, OCBC Bank, which declined 2.14% and CapitaLand, with a 1.63% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.30%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 1.53%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 0.86%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – ended 0.75% higher and 1.46% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 2.98%. China Everbright Water shares declined 2.98% and SIIC Environment Holdings declined 4.38%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (-1.12%)Dbxt Ftse Vietnam Etf 10 (-1.76%), Dbxt S&P 500 Short Etf 10 (-0.17%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+0.47%), Capitacom Trust (+0.76%), Capitamall Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20000MBeCW160226 (-19.29%), CN11500MBeCW160428 (+2.63%), HSI18400MBePW160330 (+5.36%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160705 (-20.27%) ,UOB MB eCW160705 (-20.62%), KepCorp MBeCW161101 (unchanged)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY YANLORD LAND ABOVE 1.010 TARGET 1.030 1.070 SL 0.975