MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 13.81 points or 0.52% lower to 2630.76, taking the year-to-date performance to -8.74%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 1.71%, DBS, which declined 1.35%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.00%, UOB, which declined 1.29% and Keppel Corp, with a 0.41% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.21%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.51%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 1.75%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 3.73% higher and 2.58% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 2.26%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 4.31% and CSE Global remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Ishares Usd Asia Bond Etf (unchanged), Sti Etf (-0.74%), Spdr Gold Shares (-0.67%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-1.38%), Capitacom Trust (+1.94%), Capitamall Trust (+1.59%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20400MBePW160128 (+20.59%), HSI19600MBePW160226 (+17.50%), HSI20000MBeCW160226 (-17.16%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160705 (-12.94%), KepCorp MBeCW161101 (unchanged), UOB MB eCW160705 (-9.35%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CAPITALAND TRUST ABOVE 1.320 TARGET 1.350 1.420 SL 1.280