MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 17.07 points or 0.63% lower to 2691.78, taking the year-to-date performance to -6.62%.
- The top active stocks today were Keppel Corp, which declined 7.04%, DBS, which declined 0.07%, UOB, which declined 1.15%, CapitaLand, which declined 0.96% and SingTel, with a 0.28% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.14%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.31%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 0.51%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 1.27% higher and 0.82% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 5.58%. Keppel Corp shares declined 7.04% and Sembcorp Industries declined 3.70%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (-0.72%), Dbxt Msci Thailand Trn Etf 10 (+2.30%), Spdr Gold Shares (-0.42%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (unchanged), Capitamall Trust (-0.26%), Suntec Reit (+0.33%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20400MBePW160128 (+21.05%), HSI21000MBePW160330 (+9.88%), HSI22000MBeCW160226 (-27.50%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160705 (-4.51%), KepCorp MBeCW161212 (-23.66%), OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (-2.25%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SARINE TECH ABOVE 1.590 TARGET 1.620 1.660 1.730 SL 1.540