MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 42.38 points or 1.54% lower to 2708.85, taking the year-to-date performance to -6.03%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 2.16%, CapitaLand, which declined 1.27%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.31%, Keppel Corp, which declined 4.48% and SingTel, with a 0.85% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.11%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 1.31%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which declined 0.67%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and NSL – remained unchanged and 2.40% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 3.77%. Keppel Corp shares declined 4.48% and Sembcorp Industries declined 2.88%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (-1.07%), Dbxt Csi300 Etf 10 (-7.07%), Spdr Gold Shares (+0.17%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-2.22%), Capitamall Trust (-1.04%), Suntec Reit (-1.61%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20400MBePW160128 (+34.51%), CN11500MBeCW160428 (-26.23%), HSI22000MBeCW160226 (-23.08%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW161212 (-15.46%), DBS MB eCW160705 (-12.60%), OCBC Bk MBeCW161004 (-8.25%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ORIENTAL ABOVE 0.131 TARGET 0.136 0.140 0.150 SL 0.127