MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 21.32 points or 0.78% higher to 2751.23, taking the year-to-date performance to -4.56%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 2.60%, DBS, which gained 0.13%, Keppel Corp, which declined 0.34%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.36% and CapitaLand, with a 0.64% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.31%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.47%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 2.78%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and NSL – ended 1.82% higher and 0.34% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 0.64%. Silverlake Axis shares remained unchanged and CSE Global declined 3.23%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (+0.36%), Spdr Gold Shares (+0.47%), Dbxt Csi300 Etf 10 (+2.79%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+1.35%), Capitacom Trust (unchanged), Capitamall Trust (+0.52%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20400MBePW160128 (-14.39%), HSI22000MBeCW160226 (-5.46%), CN11500MBeCW160428 (+17.31%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW161212 (-8.33%), DBS MB eCW160705 (unchanged), UOB MB eCW160704 (+3.45%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY TRIYARDS HLGDS ABOVE 0.490 TARGET 0.510 0.540 SL 0.465