MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 74.36 points or 2.65% lower to 2729.91, taking the year-to-date performance to -5.30%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 2.48%, SingTel, which declined 1.98%, Keppel Corp, which declined 6.58%, OCBC Bank, which declined 2.45% and UOB, with a 2.49% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 2.11%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 1.85%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 1.85%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 3.33% higher and 3.33% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 6.13%. Keppel Corp shares declined 6.58% and Sembcorp Industries declined 5.48%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (-2.44%), Ishares Usd Asia Hy Bond Etf (-0.29%), Spdr Gold Shares (+0.88%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-2.20%), Capitamall Trust (-0.78%), Capitacom Trust (-3.29%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI20400MBePW160128 (+85.92%), HSI21000MBePW160330 (+26.55%), HSI21200MBePW160128 (+40.14%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160704 (-16.35%), KepCorp MB ePW160901 (+14.29%), DBS MB eCW160704 (-17.02%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SARINE TECH AT CMP 1.590 TARGET 1.620 1.650 SL 1.545