MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 29.96 points or 1.06% lower to 2804.27, taking the year-to-date performance to -2.72%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 1.40%, DBS, which declined 0.86%, Keppel Corp, which declined 3.41%, UOB, which declined 0.79% and Global Logistic, with a 1.48% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.65%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.54%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which closed unchanged. The two biggest stocks of the Index – CapitaMall Trust and Ascendas REIT – ended 0.77% lower
and 0.44% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 3.56%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 6.25% and CSE Global remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (-1.65%), Sti Etf (-0.69%), Dbxt Ftse Vietnam Etf 10 (+0.44%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+0.44%), Capitamall Trust (-0.77%), Suntec Reit (unchanged).
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200MBePW160128 (+23.48%), HSI22000MBeCW160226 (-17.90%), HSI21600MBeCW160128 (-28.40%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160704 (-7.14%), KepCorp MB ePW160901 (-0.83%), KepCorp MB eCW160902 (-20.88%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ASCENDAS-H TRUST ABOVE 0.770 TARGET 0.800 0.830 SL 0.740