MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 1.74 points or 0.06% lower to 2834.23, taking the year-to-date performance to -1.68%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 0.28%, DBS, which declined 0.25%, UOB, which declined 0.47%, Global Logistic, which declined 2.87% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.12% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.35%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 1.16%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 1.56%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – ended 1.03% higher and 1.45% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Real Estate Holding and Development Index, which slipped 1.24%. Hongkong Land Holdings shares declined 1.55% and Global Logistic Properties declined 2.87%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (+0.15%), Sti Etf (-0.35%), Dbxt Msci China Trn Etf 10 (-0.50%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+0.44%), Capitamall Trust (+1.57%), Capitacom Trust (+1.87%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200MBePW160128 (-3.36%), HSI22000MBeCW160226 (-1.04%), HSI21600MBeCW160128 (+1.25%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160704 (-2.61%), DBS MB eCW161003 (-1.25%), OCBC Bk MBePW160510 (-1.80%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CORDLIFE GROUP ABOVE 1.510 TARGET 1.540 1.580 SL 1.470