MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 46.76 points or 1.62% lower to 2835.97, taking the year-to-date performance to -15.73%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 2.18%, DBS, which declined 2.46%, UOB, which declined 2.65%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.82% and CapitaLand, with a 1.79% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.52%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.70%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which declined 0.12%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – remained unchanged and ended 1.13% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 2.18%. SingTel shares declined 2.18% and StarHub declined 2.43%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (-1.70%), Spdr Gold Shares (+1.12%), Is Msci India 100 (-0.60%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-1.32%), Capitamall Trust (-1.04%), Capitacom Trust (-0.74%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21600MBePW160226 (+43.36%), HSI21200MBePW160128 (+65.28%), HSI22400MBeCW160128 (-60.56%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160704 (-19.01%), DBS MB eCW161003 (unchanged), KepCorp MB eCW160902 (-8.70%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ASIAN PAY TV ABOVE 0.650 TARGET 0.670 0.700 SL 0.600