MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 3.72 points or 0.13% higher to 2889.23, taking the year-to-date performance to -14.14%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 0.27%, DBS, which declined 0.18%, Keppel Corp, which declined 0.15%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.57% and UOB, with a 0.31% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.05%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.24%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 1.05%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and NSL – both remained unchanged.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 0.47%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares declined 0.98%and Jardine Strategic Holdings declined 0.98%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (-1.33%), Dbxt Msci Indonesia Etf 10 (unchanged), Sti Etf (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+1.33%), Suntec Reit (-2.21%), Capitamall Trust (-0.26%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200MBePW160128 (-1.37%), HSI22400MBeCW160128 (-4.05%), HSI22000MBePW160128 (-3.01%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160704 (+5.97%), DBS MB ePW160201 (-3.03%), OCBC Bk MBePW160510 (+0.67%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY NORDIC GROUP ABOVE 0.190 TARGET 0.200 0.230 SL 0.175