MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 2.71 points or 0.09% lower to 2885.51, taking the year-to-date performance to -14.25%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 0.54%, DBS, which closed unchanged, CapitaLand, which gained 0.90%, Noble, which declined 9.09% and UOB, with a 0.20% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.39%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.46%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 1.02%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 2.74% higher and 2.30% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 1.25%. Midas Holdings shares declined 1.70% and NSL remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (unchanged), Spdr Gold Shares (-0.32%), Dbxt Msci Indonesia Etf 10 (+0.60%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-0.44%), Capitamall Trust (unchanged), Suntec Reit (+0.96%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22400MBeCW160128 (-15.91%), HSI21600MBePW160226 (+7.58%), HSI22800MBeCW160226 (-11.61%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160704 (-5.63%), DBS MB eCW160704 (+0.81%), DBS MB ePW160201 (-19.51%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY UG HEALTHCARE CORP ABOVE 0.510 TARGET 0.540 .580 SL 0.460