MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 10.68 points or 0.37% higher to 2863.65, taking the year-to-date performance to -14.90%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 1.16%, SingTel, which closed unchanged, Noble, which gained 4.55%, CapitaLand, which gained 0.61% and YZJ Shipbuilding, with a 2.83% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.63%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.69%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 1.27%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and NSL – ended 1.75% higher and 1.73% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 0.44%. China Everbright Water shares rose 0.81% and SIIC Environment Holdings remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (+1.20%), Sti Etf (+0.34%),Dbxt Ftse Vietnam Etf 10 (-1.63%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (unchanged),Capitamall Trust (unchanged) Suntec Reit (+0.33%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22400MBeCW160128 (+16.67%), HSI21200MBePW160128 (-17.71%) HSI21600MBePW160226 (-14.29%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : CapitalaMBeCW160901 (+4.23%), DBS MB eCW160215 (+10.44%), DBS MB eCW160704 (+6.25%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY NOBLE GROUP ABOVE 0.460 TARGET 0.480 0.520 SL 0.420