MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 7.29 points or 0.26% lower to 2845.55, taking the year-to-date performance to -15.44%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 2.39%, DBS, which closed unchanged, UOB, which gained 0.73%, Global Logistic, which gained 1.46% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.81% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.46%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.30%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 0.78%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – remained unchanged and ended 1.46% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 2.13%. SingTel shares declined 2.39% and StarHub declined 0.28%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (+0.30%),Sti Etf (+0.35%),Lyxor China H 10 (+3.31%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-1.73%),Capitamall Trust (-0.51%),Capitacom Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200MBePW160128 (-6.60%), HSI22400MBeCW160128 (-4.21%), HSI21600MBeCW160128 (-4.47%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160704 (-0.89%),UOB MB eCW160704 (+5.69%),DBS MB eCW160215 (+0.86%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SEMBCORP MARINE ABOVE 1.840 TARGET 1.880 1.950 SL 1.800