MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 8.34 points or 0.29% lower to 2852.84, taking the year-to-date performance to -15.22%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 1.57%, SingTel, which declined 0.53%, UOB, which declined 0.05%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.57% and Keppel Corp, with a 0.62% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.08%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.13%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 1.21%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 2.98% higher and 0.49% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which slipped 1.21%. Wilmar International shares declined 1.37%and Thai Beverage remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (+0.15%), Sti Etf (-0.69%),Spdr Gold Shares (-1.18%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+2.67%), Suntec Reit (+0.64%), Capitamall Trust (+1.04%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200MBePW160128 (-0.94%), HSI22400MBeCW160128 (-5.94%), HSI21400MBePW151230 (-1.79%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160704 (-10.40%), DBS MB eCW160215 (-14.71%), UOB MB eCW160704 (-3.91%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ASCENT REIT ABOVE 2.310 TARGET 2.340 2.400 SL 2.260