MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 20.26 points or 0.71% higher to 2861.18, taking the year-to-date performance to – 14.98%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.53%, DBS, which gained 0.49%, UOB, which gained 0.16%, CapitaLand, which gained 0.62% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.93% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.44%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.60%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 1.98%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and NSL – ended 3.77% higher and 0.35% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 0.44%. Raffles Medical Group shares declined 1.43%and Tianjin Zhongxin Pharmaceutical Group Corporation remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (+0.69%), Dbxt Msci China Trn Etf 10 (+0.73%), Dbxt Msci Brazil Trn Etf 10 (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (unchanged), Suntec Reit (+1.96%), Capitacom Trust (+2.28%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21200MBePW160128 (-5.31%), HSI22400MBeCW160128 (+6.32%), HSI22000MBePW160128 (-5.65%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160704 (+0.81%), UOB MB eCW160704 (+2.40%), OCBC Bk MBePW160510 (-4.62%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY NEPTUNE OL LTD ABOVE 1.240 TARGET 1.270 1.320 SL 1.200