MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 0.48 points or 0.02% higher to 2815.52, taking the year-to-date performance to – 16.33%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which closed unchanged, SingTel, which declined 0.79%, CapitaLand, which declined 0.64%, UOB, which declined 0.37% and OCBC Bank, with a 0.23% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.26%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.22%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 1.07%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and NSL – ended 1.89% higher and 0.34% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 2.11%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 2.94% and CSE Global declined 3.30%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Dbxt Msci Russia Cap 25 Etf 10 (-1.21%), Sti Etf (unchanged), Dbxt Ft China 25 Etf 10 (+1.06%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (-0.27%), Ascendas Reit (unchanged), Capitacom Trust (-0.77%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22400MBeCW160128 (-3.90%), HSI21600MBeCW160128 (unchanged), HSI21200MBePW160128 (-0.67%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160704 (+3.57%), DBS MB eCW160215 (+3.33%), UOB MB eCW160704 (-0.81%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY HTL INTL ABOVE 0.580 TARGET 0.600 0.630 SL 0.540