MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 14.84 points or 0.52% lower to 2861.19, taking the year-to-date performance to -14.98%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 1.04%, DBS, which declined 0.60%, UOB, which declined 0.41%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.80% and NOL, which closed unchanged.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.20%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.05%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which declined 0.08%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – remained unchanged and 0.33% higher respectively.
- The under performing sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 1.63%. Midas Holdings shares declined 3.45% and NSL declined 2.69%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (-1.99%) Sti Etf (-0.34%), Spdr Gold Shares (+0.31%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Mapletree Ind Tr (+2.63%), Capitamall Trust (+0.52%) ,Capitacom Trust (-0.38%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22000MBePW160128 (+1.68%) HSI22400MBeCW160128 (-5.79%), HSI21200MBePW160128 (+1.77%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160704 (unchanged) SingTelMBeCW160504 (-6.56%) DBS MB eCW160704 (-4.55%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY LOYZ ENERGY ABOVE 0.066 TARGET 0.072 0..080 SL 0.060