MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 24.89 points or 0.86% lower to 2876.03, taking the year-to-date performance to -14.53%.
- The top active stocks today were NOL, which declined 0.41%, SingTel, which closed unchanged, DBS, which declined 0.60%, UOB, which declined 0.87% and SIA, with a 3.88% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.71%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.69%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 0.15%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – China Everbright Water and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 0.75% lower and 1.28% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 2.54%. Keppel Corp shares declined 2.28% and Sembcorp Industries declined 3.81%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (-1.01%), Spdr Gold Shares (-0.96%), Dbxt Msci Indonesia Etf 10 (-1.91%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+1.28%), Capitamall Trust (-1.04%), Capitacom Trust (-1.12%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22400MBeCW160128 (-20.92%), HSI22800MBeCW151230 (-36.36%), HSI22000MBePW160128 (+22.60%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160704 (-4.35%), KepCorp MBeCW160222 (-16.25%), SingTelMBeCW160504 (unchanged)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY BIOSENSORS ABOVE 0.820 TARGET 0.850 0.900 SL0.770