MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 21.87 points or 0.76% higher to 2900.92, taking the year-to-date performance to -13.80%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.79%, UOB, which gained 0.67%, DBS, which gained 0.78%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.92% and SPH, which closed unchanged.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.21%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.12%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 1.35%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 1.33% higher and 2.00% higher respectively.
- The under performing sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 0.09%. Midas Holdings shares remained unchangedand NSL declined 0.69%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Dbxt Ft China 25 Etf 10 (-1.15%), Spdr Gold Shares (+2.26%), Sti Etf (+1.02%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (unchanged), Suntec Reit (+1.28%), Capitamall Trust (+0.52%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151230 (-7.04%), HSI22000MBePW160128 (-3.31%), HSI22400MBeCW160128 (-1.92%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160704 (unchanged) KepCorp MBeCW160222 (+9.59%),m OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (+6.56%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SARINE TECH [U77] ABOVE 1.390 TARGET 1.430 1.480 SL 1.350