MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 4.84 points or 0.17% lower to 2879.05, taking the year-to-date performance to – 14.45%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.24%, SingTel, which closed unchanged, UOB, which gained 0.46%, OCBC Bank, which closed unchanged and CapitaLand, with a 0.31% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.21%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.07%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 0.76%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 0.46% higher and 1.97% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 0.88%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares declined 0.20%and Jardine Strategic Holdings rose 0.44%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (+0.89%), Sti Etf (-0.68%) Is Msci India 100 (-1.50%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-2.49%), Capitamall Trust (-1.29%) Suntec Reit (-0.95%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151230 (-18.39%), HSI21400MBePW151230 (+3.18%), HSI22000MBePW160128 (unchanged)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW160222 (-2.67%), DBS MB eCW160404 (-6.25%) OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (-4.69%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CORDLIFE ABOVE 1.340 TARGET 1.360 1.400 SL 1.290