MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 13.38 points or 0.47% higher to 2883.64, taking the year-to-date performance to -14.31%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.26%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.81%, DBS, which gained 0.42%, UOB, which gained 1.03% and CapitaLand, with a 1.92% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.18%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.51%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Services Index, which rose 1.21%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Cycle & Carriage and Singapore Airlines – ended 5.03% higher and 0.79% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 1.81%. Keppel Corp shares declined 1.21% and Sembcorp Industries declined 2.77%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (unchanged), Sti Etf (+0.34%), Dbxt Ft China 25 Etf 10 (+0.30%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (-0.26%), Ascendas Reit (-0.82%), Capitacom Trust (+1.87%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151230 (+5.50%), HSI23200MBeCW160128 (+3.42%), HSI21200MBePW160128 (-8.25%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160404 (+1.56%) ,UOB MB eCW160111 (+9.62%) KepCorp MBeCW160222 (-5.88%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CAPITACOM TRUST ABOVE 1.370 TARGET 1.400 1.450 SL 1.330