MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 14.32 points or 0.5% higher to 2870.26, taking the year-to-date performance to -14.71%.
- The top active stocks today were Hongkong Land, which gained 0.86%, DBS, which gained 0.30%, SingTel, which closed unchanged, OCBC Bank, which closed unchanged and Global Logistic, with a 2.54% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.68%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.40%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which rose 1.49%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – CapitaMall Trust and Ascendas REIT – ended 2.89% higher and 2.09% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 1.29%. Midas Holdings shares declined 1.64% and NSL rose 2.10%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (-0.60%), Spdr Gold Shares (+1.20%), Sti Etf (+0.34%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+2.09%), Capitacom Trust (+2.29%), Capitamall Trust (+2.89%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151230 (+33.82%), HSI23200MBeCW160128 (+32.96%), HSI21200MBePW160128 (-22.40%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160404 (+3.23%), KepCorp MBeCW160222 (-2.30%), SingTelMBeCW160504 (-6.25%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GEO ENERGY ABOVE 0.151 TARGET 0.155 0.160 SL 0.146