MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 3.18 points or 0.11% lower to 2855.94, taking the year-to-date performance to – 15.13%.
- The top active stocks today were Hongkong Land, which declined 2.92%, SingTel, which gained 0.79%, DBS, which declined 0.60%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.12% and UOB, with a 0.83% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.23%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.53%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 1.99%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 3.70% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 1.32%. Keppel Corp shares declined 0.91% and Sembcorp Industries declined 2.99%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (-0.89%),Is Msci India 100 (+0.60%),Sti Etf (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+1.27%),Capitamall Trust (+1.60%),Suntec Reit (+1.32%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21400MBePW151230 (-3.09%),HSI22800MBeCW151230 (-11.69%),HSI21200MBePW160128 (+0.81%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160404 (-4.62%),OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (-1.52%),UOB MB eCW160601A (-14.49%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY QT VASCULAR ABOVE 0.120 TARGET .125 0.135 SL 0.115