MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 25.57 points or 0.89% lower to 2859.12, taking the year-to-date performance to -15.04%.
- The top active stocks today were OCBC Bank, which declined 0.46%, SingTel, which declined 0.26%, UOB, which declined 0.10%, DBS, which declined 0.36% and Global Logistic, with a 2.44% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.48%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.03%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which rose 0.53%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Raffles Medical Group and Tianjin Zhongxin Pharmaceutical Group Corporation – ended 0.48% higher and 4.17% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Consumer Services Index, which slipped 1.70%. Jardine Cycle & Carriage shares declined1.41% and Singapore Airlines declined 1.82%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Ishares Usd Asia Bond Etf (-0.67%), Spdr Gold Shares (-0.36%), Sti Etf (-1.02%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-0.42%), Capitamall Trust (-1.32%), Capitacom Trust (-0.38%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151230 (-36.89%), HSI22400MBePW151230 (+32.06%), HSI21400MBePW151230 (+44.78%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160404 (-11.49%), UOB MB eCW160201 (-5.11%), DBS MB eCW160404 (-7.14%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GEO ENERGY ABOVE 0.145 TARGET 0.150 0.158 SL 0.138