MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 6.89 points or 0.24% lower to 2884.69, taking the year-to-date performance to – 14.28%.
- The top active stocks today were OCBC Bank, which declined 0.91%, SingTel, which gained 0.26%, UOB, which declined 1.79%, DBS, which declined 0.36% and Global Logistic, with a 1.91% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.05%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.84%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 0.34%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 0.26% higher and 1.09% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 0.69%. China Everbright Water shares rose 4.48% and SIIC Environment Holdings declined 1.29%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (unchanged),Dbxt Msci Indonesia Etf 10 (+0.86%),Spdr Gold Shares (-0.50%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+3.49%),Capitamall Trust (+1.60%),Suntec Reit (-0.33%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151230 (unchanged),HSI22400MBePW151230 (-0.76%),HSI23800MBeCW151230 (unchanged)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160404 (-12.12%),KepCorp MBeCW160601A (-1.45%),DBS MB eCW160404 (-7.90%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GEO ENERGY RES [RE4.SI] ABOVE 0.140 TARGET 0.160 0.190 SL 0.120