MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 31.91 points or 1.09% lower to 2891.58, taking the year-to-date performance to – 14.07%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 1.81%, DBS, which declined 1.12%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.68%, Cordlife, which gained 8.20% and UOB, with a 1.46% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.31%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.05%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 2.59%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and CSE Global- ended 4.48% higher and 1.04% higher respectively.
- The under performing sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which slipped 1.68%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares declined 1.95%and Jardine Strategic Holdings declined 2.00%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (+0.19%), Is Msci India 100 (-0.30%), Lyxor China H 10 (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-1.29%), Capitamall Trust (-0.80%), Suntec Reit (-1.61%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22400MBePW151230 (-1.49%), HSI22800MBeCW151230 (-2.40%), HSI23800MBeCW151230 (-4.08%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW160601A (-11.54%), DBS MB eCW160404 (-8.43%), UOB MB eCW160404 (-15.39%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SPACKMAN ENT ABOVE 0.155 TARGET 0.160 0.180 SL 0.142