MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 20 points or 0.69% higher to 2923.49, taking the year-to-date performance to -13.12%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.52%, DBS, which gained 0.78%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.45%, Hongkong Land, which declined 0.54% and UOB, with a 0.61% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.33%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.25%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which rose 2.17%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Industries – ended 2.24% higher and 1.51% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 0.10%. Raffles Medical Group shares rose 0.24% and Tianjin Zhongxin Pharmaceutical Group Corporation remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Lyxor China H 10 (-0.63%), Ishares Usd Asia Bond Etf (-0.10%), Is Msci India 100 (+0.30%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+1.75%), Capitamall Trust (+0.53%), Suntec Reit (+1.64%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151230 (-14.38%), HSI22400MBePW151230 (+8.94%), HSI23200MBeCW160128 (unchanged)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160404 (+5.06%), UOB MB eCW160404 (+5.41%), KepCorp MBeCW160601A (+9.86%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY YZJ SHIPBLDG SGD ABOVE 1.140 TARGET 1.170 1.230 SL 1.100