MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 14.42 points or 0.49% lower to 2903.49, taking the year-to-date performance to -13.72%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.71%, NOL, which gained 4.46%, SingTel, which declined 1.03%, OCBC Bank, which declined 1.23% and UOB, with a 1.25% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.13%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.45%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 0.71%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 0.57% higher and 0.40% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.20%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 2.21% and CSE Global remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Nikko Am Singapore Sti Etf (-0.33%), Spdr Gold Shares (-0.74%), Sti Etf (-0.34%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-0.44%), Capitamall Trust (-0.27%), Suntec Reit (-0.65%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151230 (-8.75%), HSI22400MBePW151230 (+4.24%), HSI23800MBeCW151230 (-10.00%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160404 (-7.50%), DBS MB eCW160404 (-4.82%),DBS MB ePW160201 (+2.13%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY NEPTUNE ORIENT ABOVE 1.170 TARGET 1.200 1.250 SL 1.140