MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 13.18 points or 0.44% lower to 3010.47, taking the year-to-date performance to -10.54%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.63%, SingTel, which declined 0.76%, UOB, which declined 0.78%, Ascendas Reit, which declined 0.86% and CapitaLand, with a 0.94% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.28%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.23%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 0.34%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 1.03% higher and 0.47% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 2.95%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 3.50% and STATS ChipPAC remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (-0.11%), Sti Etf (-0.65%), Dbxt Ftse Vietnam Etf 10 (-0.45%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-0.86%), Capitacom Trust (-1.44%), Suntec Reit (-0.91%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23400MBeCW151127 (-23.75%), HSI22400MBePW151230 (+10.94%), HSI22000MBePW151127 (+20.83%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160404 (-2.48%), DBS MB eCW160201 (-6.25%), UOB MB eCW160404 (-6.33%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY COURTS ASIA [RE2] ABOVE 0.370 TARET 0.400 0.440 SL 0.310