MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 16.83 points or 0.55% lower to 3023.65, taking the year-to-date performance to -10.15%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 2.02%, SingTel, which declined 1.25%, UOB, which gained 0.44%, CapitaLand, which declined 0.31% and Great Eastern, which closed unchanged.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.30%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.34%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 0.96%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and STATS ChipPAC – ended 2.14% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 2.69%. Midas Holdings shares declined 3.08% and NSL remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (-0.60%), Dbxt Msci China Trn Etf 10 (+0.15%), Sti Etf (-0.33%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-1.28%), Capitamall Trust (-0.25%), Capitacom Trust (-0.36%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23400MBeCW151127 (-10.11%),HSI22400MBePW151230 (+4.92%), HSI22000MBePW151127 (+4.35%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160404 (-15.39%), UOB MB eCW160111 (+7.41%), DBS MB eCW160201 (-16.52%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY DEBAO PROPERTY ABOVE 0.054 TARGET 0.057 0.061 SL 0.050