MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 40.92 points or 1.36% higher to 3040.48, taking the year-to-date performance to – 9.65%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 1.53%, CapitaLand, which gained 2.89%, SingTel, which gained 2.04%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.44% and UOB, with a 0.98% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.15%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.62%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 6.83%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and STATS ChipPAC – ended 12.90% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 0.17%. China Everbright Water shares rose 2.86% and SIIC Environment Holdings remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Dbxt Ftse Vietnam Etf 10 (+1.24%), Spdr Gold Shares (-1.59%), Dbxt Msci China Trn Etf 10 (+2.70%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+0.86%), Capitamall Trust (+1.28%), Suntec Reit (+1.53%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23400MBeCW151127 (+43.55%), HSI22400MBePW151230 (-25.15%), HSI22000MBePW151127 (-40.26%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160111 (+6.30%), DBS MB eCW160201 (+10.58%), OCBC Bk MBeCW160406 (+4.00%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY REX INTL ABOVE 0.156 TARGET 0.158 0.163 SL 0.150