MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 25.15 points or 0.85% higher to 2999.56, taking the year-to-date performance to – 10.86%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 2.03%, OCBC Bank, which gained 2.12%, SingTel, which declined 0.51%, UOB, which gained 0.59% and Ascendas Reit, with a 0.85% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.83%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.90%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 3.36%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and STATS ChipPAC – ended 5.98% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 0.38%. SingTel shares declined 0.51% and StarHub rose 1.12%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (-0.27%), Dbxt Csi300 Etf 10 (+0.33%), Dbxt Ftse Vietnam Etf 10 (+0.92%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-0.85%), Capitamall Trust (+0.26%), Capitacom Trust (-1.08%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22000MBePW151127 (-18.09%), HSI23400MBeCW151127 (+14.82%), HSI22400MBePW151230 (-11.41%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160111 (+7.63%), DBS MB eCW160201 (+23.81%), DBS MB eCW160128 (+19.42%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SILVERLAKE ABOVE 0.630 TARGET 0.650 0.700 SL 0.580