MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 23.94 points or 0.8% lower to 2974.41, taking the year-to-date performance to – 11.61%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 1.01%, DBS, which declined 0.12%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.89%, UOB, which declined 0.59% and CapitaLand, with a 0.97% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.12%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.75%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 0.53%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and STATS ChipPAC – ended 1.74% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 1.85%. Keppel Corp shares declined 1.70% and Sembcorp Industries declined 1.68%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (-0.88%), Sti Etf (-0.66%), Is Msci India 100 (-1.28%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-1.67%), Capitamall Trust (-1.26%), Suntec Reit (-0.61%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22000MBePW151127 (+17.50%), HSI22400MBeCW151127 (-23.42%), HSI22400MBePW151230 (+12.88%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160111 (-11.94%), DBS MB eCW160128 (-0.71%), KepCorp MBeCW160201 (-16.22%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CHINES GLOBAL ABOVE 0.033 TARGET 0.036 0.040 SL 0.028