MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 2.68 points or 0.09% lower to 2998.83, taking the year-to-date performance to -10.89%.
- The top active stocks today were UOB, which gained 1.45%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.55%, DBS, which declined 0.35%, Singtel, which gained 0.25% and DairyFarm USD, with a 1.07% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.52%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.61%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 1.36%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 2.92% higher and 2.79% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 3.96%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 7.26% and CSE Globalunchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Ishares Usd Asia Hy Bond ETF (+1.70%), Ishares Usd Asia Bond ETF (+0.58%),IS MSCI India (-0.42%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.24%), CapitaLand Mall Trust (-0.25%), Mapletree Ind Tr (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22000MBePW151127 (+3.90%), HSI22400MBePW151230 (+4.49%), HSI23400MBeCW151127 (-11.36%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160128 (-4.76%), UOB MB eCW160111 (+15.52%), OCBC Bk MBeCW160406 (-6.06%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GEO ENERGY ABOVE 0.145 TARGET 0.150 0.160 SL 0.138