MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 16.46 points or 0.54% higher to 3084.92, taking the year-to-date performance to -8.33%.
- The top active stocks today were Singtel, which gained 1.24%, DBS, which gained 0.06%, Noble, which gained 3.70%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.42% and UOB, with a 0.64% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.97%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.25%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Goods Index, which rose 1.97%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Wilmar International and Thai Beverage – ended 1.57% higher and 0.74% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 0.91%. Midas Holdings shares declined 2.90% and NSL rose 0.71%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India (-0.42%), STI ETF (+0.64%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF (+0.93%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.60%), CapitaLand Mall Trust (+0.98%), CapitaLand Commercial Trust (+2.13%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23400MBeCW151127 (-12.12%), HSI22000MBePW151127 (+1.43%), CN10500MBeCW151127 (-5.74%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160201 (-2.22%), OCBC Bk MBeCW160406 (-5.11%), UOB MB eCW160111 (+2.74%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY DEBAO PROPERTY ABOVE 0.060 TARGET 0.063 0.067 SL 0.056