MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 30.35 points or 1% higher to 3068.46, taking the year-to-date performance to -8.82%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 2.29%, DBS, which gained 1.12%, Noble, which gained 4.85%, UOB, which gained0.84% and CapitaLand, with a 1.62% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.97%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.43%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 2.11%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 2.29% higher and 0.27% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 1.21%. Keppel Corp shares declined 0.55% and Sembcorp Industries declined 2.38%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Dbxt Msci Taiwan Etf 10 (unchanged), Is Msci India 100 (+0.28%), Sti Etf (+0.97%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+2.04%), Capitamall Trust (+0.99%), Suntec Reit (+2.13%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23400MBeCW151127 (+16.81%), HSI22000MBePW151127 (-23.91%), CN10500MBeCW151127 (+17.31%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160111 (+8.15%), DBS MB eCW160201 (+7.14%), KepCorp MBeCW160201 (-8.08%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY QT VASCULAR ABOVE 0.175 TARGET 0.180 0.185 SL 0.168