MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 31.22 points or 1.05% higher to 3015.14, taking the year-to-date performance to-10.40%.
- The top active stocks today were UOB, which gained 1.31%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.19%, SingTel, which gained 1.04%, DBS, which gained 1.26% and CapitaLand, with a 1.32% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.52%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.79%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 1.93%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – China Everbright Water and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 7.04% higher and 2.40% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which rose 0.44%. CapitaMall Trust shares rose 1.00%and Ascendas REIT rose 0.41%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (+0.83%),Sti Etf (+0.66%),Lyxor Asia 10 (-0.43%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+0.41%),Capitamall Trust (+1.00%),Capitacom Trust (+0.73%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23400MBeCW151127 (unchanged),HSI22800MBeCW151029 (+38.89%),HSI22000MBePW151127 (unchanged)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160201 (+15.46%),OCBC Bk MBeCW160406 (unchanged),UOB MB eCW160111 (+13.45%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY GEO ENERGY ABOVE 0.155 TARGET 0.160 0.180 SL 0.145