MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 31.22 points or 1.05% higher to 3015.14, taking the year-to-date performance to – 10.40%.
- The top active stocks today were UOB, which gained 1.31%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.19%, SingTel, which gained 1.04%, DBS, which gained 1.26% and CapitaLand, with a 1.32% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.52%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.79%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 1.93%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – China Everbright Water and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 7.04% higher and 2.40% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which rose 0.44%. CapitaMall Trust shares rose 1.00%and Ascendas REIT rose 0.41%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (+0.83%), Sti Etf (+0.66%), Lyxor Asia 10 (-0.43%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+0.41%), Capitamall Trust (+1.00%), Capitacom Trust (+0.73%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI23400MBeCW151127 (unchanged), HSI22800MBeCW151029 (+38.89%), HSI22000MBePW151127 (unchanged)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160201 (+15.46%), OCBC Bk MBeCW160406 (unchanged), UOB MB eCW160111 (+13.45%).
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY REX INTERNATIONAL ABOVE 0.138 TARGET0.142 0.150 SL 0.133