MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 0.96 points or 0.03% lower to 2983.92, taking the year-to-date performance to – 11.33%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 0.26%, DBS, which declined 0.46%, DBXT MSAsExJp US$, which gained 6.04%, CapitaLand, which closed unchanged and UOB, with a 0.45% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.40%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.15%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 1.89%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and NSL – ended 1.64% higher and 0.35% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.79%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 3.18% and STATS ChipPAC remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Dbxt Msci Asia Ex Japan Etf 10 (+6.04%), Is Msci India 100 (unchanged), Spdr Gold Shares (+1.65%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitacom Trust (-0.72%), Capitamall Trust (unchanged), Ascendas Reit (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22400MBeCW151127 (-11.50%), HSI22800MBeCW151029 (-10.00%), HSI22600MBePW151029 (-3.85%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW160201 (+2.06%), DBS MB eCW160201 (-7.56%, OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (-8.77%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY STRATECH GROUP ABOVE 0.050 TARGET 0.053 0.056 SL 0.046