MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 47.23 points or 1.56% lower to 2984.88, taking the year-to-date performance to -11.30%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 1.54%, UOB, which declined 0.85%, DBS, which declined 1.46%, CapitaLand, which declined 2.88% and Keppel Corp, with a 3.36% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.33%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 1.37%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Real Estate Investment Trusts Index, which declined 0.52%.
- The two biggest stocks of the Index – CapitaMall Trust and Ascendas REIT – closed unchanged and 0.83% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 3.50%. Keppel Corp shares declined 3.36% and Sembcorp Industries declined 4.33%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Nikko Am Singapore Sti Etf (-0.96%), Is Msci India 100 (-0.98%), Sti Etf (-1.63%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Capitamall Trust (unchanged), Ascendas Reit (+0.83%), Capitacom Trust (-0.71%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151029 (-13.98%), HSI22400MBeCW151127 (unchanged), HSI22600MBePW151029 (+12.07%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : KepCorp MBeCW160201 (-17.09%), UOB MB eCW160111 (-7.14%), DBS MB eCW160201 (-11.19%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY EMS ENERGY ABOVE 0.022 TARGET 0.025 0.028 SL 0.018