MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 33.61 points or 1.12% higher to 3032.11, taking the year-to-date performance to -9.90%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 1.56%, DBS, which gained 0.45%, UOB, which gained 0.91%, Noble, which gained9.57% and Keppel Corp, with a 0.13% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.18%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.90%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Consumer Services Index, which rose 2.39%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Cycle & Carriage and Singapore Airlines – ended 2.48% higher and 3.98% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 1.31%. China Everbright Water shares rose 0.69% and SIIC Environment Holdings declined 4.95%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (+1.32%),Spdr Gold Shares (+0.91%),Is Msci India 100 (-0.42%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+0.84%), Capitamall Trust (+1.01%), Capitacom Trust (+1.08%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151029 (+13.42%), HSI21000MBePW151127 (-19.15%), CN10500MBeCW151127 (+23.85%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160111 (+6.87%), DBS MB eCW160201 (+1.52%), KepCorp MBeCW160201 (-1.68%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY JIUTIAN CHEMICAL GROUP ABOVE 0.024 TARGET 0.0260.030 SL 0.020