MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 14.78 points or 0.5% lower to 2947.03, taking the year-to-date performance to -12.43%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.34%, SingTel, which gained 0.53%, OCBC Bank, which declined 0.54%, Keppel Corp, which declined 0.28% and UOB, with a 0.05% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.48%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.29%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 0.38%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 0.53% higher and 1.11% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 2.20%. Midas Holdings shares declined 3.23% and NSL declined 0.36%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (-0.47%), Is Msci India 100 (-0.84%), Sti Etf (unchanged)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-2.10%), Capitamall Trust (unchanged), Mapletree Ind Tr (-0.99%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22400MBeCW151127 (unchanged), HSI21600MBePW151029 (+1.22%), HSI22600MBePW151029 (+2.61%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160201 (-3.94%), KepCorp MBeCW160201 (unchanged), OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (+0.59%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY YANGZIJIANG SHIP ABOVE 1.245 TARGET 1.285 1.335 SL 1.180