MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 64.4 points or 2.22% higher to 2961.81, taking the year-to-date performance to – 11.99%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 3.31%, SingTel, which declined 0.27%, OCBC Bank, which gained 2.87%, Keppel Corp, which gained 3.76% and UOB, with a 3.55% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.22%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 2.08%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 5.38%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and NSL – ended 6.90% higher and 2.77% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 0.08%. SingTel shares declined 0.27% and StarHub rose 1.69%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Is Msci India 100 (+0.99%), Sti Etf (+2.39%), Spdr Gold Shares (+1.01%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-0.83%), Capitamall Trust (+0.51%), Capitacom Trust (+1.09%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21800MBeCW151029 (+54.41%), HSI22800MBeCW151029 (+63.79%), HSI21600MBePW151029 (-41.01%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (+17.24%), KepCorp MBeCW160222 (+15.09%), DBS MB eCW160128 (+23.29%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY DEBAO PROPERTY ABOVE 0.046 TARGET 0.048 0.053 SL 0.42